Friday, May 24, 2024

Farewell, Mr. Simonin

    I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Mr. Simonin. Mr. Simonin was the head of the international watchmaking school WOSTEP for decades and formed the minds of countless brilliant watchmakers influencing watchmaking today and in the future.

        He was a true legend in the world of watchmaking education, and his contributions will not be forgotten. His guidance and inspiration were invaluable to me and also everyone at KHWCC, in recent years we spent a lot of time together with him in his watchmaking book store enjoying talking about anything regarding watchmaking, I can attest to that his passion for watchmaking was always extremely alive, even just very recently.

     He also gave me invaluable advice for teaching watchmaking when I was a young instructor in WOSTEP, for which I will never forget, his legacy will continue to positively influence our work and passion for watchmaking.

    My condolences to the Simonin family. He will be greatly missed but always remembered with immense respect and gratitude.
    Henrik & The KHWCC Team


No comments:

Post a Comment