Friday, January 10, 2020

BACK IN TOWN!


WEEK 40
BACK IN TOWN!


Pierre Aubert
Origin : Toulouse, France
Age : 23
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: Just back! It was a very nice first week after the Christmas break. I am finishing work for the first year before I can start the second year when the new students arrive! In that regard, I have spent most of the week polishing the winding stems I made a few months back..! Next week will then be dedicated to some tools I need to finish! Last but not least, Henrik showed us how to refresh our grinding stones (the ones we use to refresh hand gravers). Have a great week-end every one and see you next week! 

Markus McDonald 
Origin : Stockholm Sweden 
Age : 20
Watchmaking class: 2 years Fullskill Program
Current mood : After a good break we got back to the school and a much missed routine and its new challenges. This week was focused on a mix of tools and expanding work on the lathe. The lathe was a new but intriguing challenge as I was starting with the slot and creating the gravers for said slot. This was incredibly intense due to the new section as the slots although rewarding where difficult to get a hang of as the material was one of the hardest I had work on but after much work it became like butter and this became incredibly rewarding.

Alex
Origin : Kaohsiung, Taiwan 
Age : 26
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: After 27 hours on the road, I am finally back to the school and is immediately greeted by a trial exam and then the final exam for the brass filling exam. Thankfully the skills I have accumulated from the past months came back to me rather quickly. I have successfully past the exam and is ready to move on to the next project, the 8mm lathe.

STEP 1: WINDING STEM (PIERRE)

 The bench looks more like a painter's workshop: foam, wood, and paste (for paint)

Black Polished Winding Stem

STEP 2: LAPPING @ THE WATCHMAKER's LEVEL/REFRESHING GRINDING STONES





STEP 3: GRINDING WITH THE AGATHON
Markus hand grinding slot gravers for winding stem slot turning.
HENRIK's WORDS:
Back at work from a very relaxing holiday! I hope holidays were good for everyone, this week started in a nice way with Alex, Markus and Pierre arriving first, I will have another 3 students coming next week two for the Technician course and another one for the Fullskill course making it full house! Before the holidays I forgott to share an interview that Dean DK (all the way from Australia) did about me and the school which can be found here; 


Thank you Dean DK for doing the interview!!

See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment