Friday, July 19, 2019

Days before the summer holidays

                                                              WEEK 15
                                            Days before the summer holidays

Harman Wadhwa 
Origin : New Delhi, India
Age : 28
Watchmaking class : 8 month Service & Technician course
Current mood : Last week before the summer holidays- just finishing work on escapement as much as possible.The study of escapement is near to boundless. And yet, that is what makes it very interesting.  I also learned electro-plating of parts, which is easy to do only when done with a proper strategy and process. This was a bonus learning experience as this isn't part of my syllabus. :D That's all folks, its time to chill and relax this summer holidays, hope you do the same.I'm outta here🍻
'Alvida' (GoodBye)

Pierre Aubert
Origin : Toulouse, France
Age : 23
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: Very exciting and busy last week of school!! I learned how to file squares on the 8mm lathe in preparation for the winding stems making process that will start after the summer break. I was also very happy that we got to do a summer cleanup of the workshop!! It felt great to re-organize things and clean the machines! We covered, among other things, all the steps required to electroplate a part. Last but not least 😉 I finished the setting mechanism for my school watch!! Next step: the bridges. 
See you very soon and have a great summer! 


Markus Mc Donald
Origin : Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 20
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill program.
Current Mood: Finished preparing my gravers for future hand turning! I also practiced my filing ahead of my first intermediate exam.


STEP 1: GREAT SUMMER CLEANUP (Pierre)

In addition to cleaning the workshop- I also dismantled and cleaned my lathe. Clean your tools and they will return the favor 😇

STEP 2: PRE-WINDING STEM EXERCISES (PIERRE)




STEP 3: ELECTROPLATING  


HENRIK's WORD:

Last week of the Fullskill and Technician course before the summer holidays went really well, intensive as expected, but still we got to learn some new things with the electroplating and filing squares in the 8mm lathe for Pierre. Next week I will give another restoration course which I am sure will be very exciting for me and the students and then I am flying to USA, Ohio to teach another restoration class in AWCI. I wont have the time to make another blog post for 3 weeks as the students are off for holidays but I will try to make some Instagram posts here and there in between teaching. In the meantime I wish everyone a lovely summer holiday!














2 comments:

  1. This Is An Excellent Post I Seen. I Have To Thanks To You To Share It It Is Really What I Wanted To See Hope In Future You Will Continue For Sharing
    Watch Making

    ReplyDelete