Thursday, April 9, 2020

EASTER ARRIVED!

WEEK 53


Pierre Aubert, James Punshon, Jayne Zhuo

Origin : Sydney, Australia. Toulouse, France. Singapore.
Age : 23
Watchmaking class: Technician Course
Current mood: Pierre here :)  Efficient week. Took my SLE (Swiss Lever Escapement) final exam last week, which allowed me to focus on micro mechanics: I have spent the week turning all my pivot gauges before I can grind them and proceed to the burnishing. I look forward to doing this next week. Also enjoyed the great weather, which is just great for my running regimen. Stay safe everyone and see you next week. Happy Easter!

Markus McDonald 
Origin : Stockholm Sweden 
Age : 21
Watchmaking class: 2 years Fullskill Program
Current mood: This week was primarily focused on the burnishing being aimed to refine the technique. This included improving feel and approach and modifying the degussit stone. The result was that the overall quality improved in finish making my next step too  improve  the accuracy.
Thankfully the week comes to a close with an extended weekend in celebration of Easter that will be much appreciated in refreshing our minds as these prior weeks have been quiet stressful.

Michael
Origin : Malaysia
Age : 28
Watchmaking class : 2 years Fullskill Program
Current Mood: Finally done with my first ever exam in the school. Did not meet my own expectations, however, the best result I ever done. More room to improve the finishing and estimating tolerances after micro finishing gaps. Starting a new chapter, preparing hand sharpened gravers for turning on the lathe. Looking forward to next week after Easter holidays!

Alex
Origin : Kaohsiung, Taiwan 
Age : 27
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: woooooooooooooooooh I broke my winding stem in half!!!!!!! What a way to start the holiday!!!! Just beautiful!!!!!! 




STEP 1: TURNING PIVOT GAUGES (PIERRE)


STEP 2: WINDING STEM MADE, THEN BROKE (ALEX)



HENRIK's WORDS:

Easter already arrived! Since we all have been busy working on keeping the courses on track, two exams are now out of the way and the courses are still going strong. This is thanks to the students keeping themselves motivated and happy despite the homeworking situation, I could not be more proud of them! 

I am sure it is easy to slip into negative thinking during these trying times, but so far, they are showing good spirit, working hard at home even keeping the results on par with the program! This comes naturally with a cost such as having to be more disciplined which I am sure is harder at home. Keeping to the regular daily habits I find is important and helpful to maintain discipline and a basic sense of content.

Also, as we are naturally social beings, not seeing people on a daily basis must affect us to some degree negatively, having that knowledge, however, we can still stay positive despite this fact, using today’s technology I find it myself much easier as so many things can be done digitally now! I feel we all need some good rest to get some more energy to the next stage after the Easter break! Hopefully people will also stay at home so the spread does not go out of hand after the Easter break. Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment