Friday, October 4, 2019

MAKING FILING GREAT AGAIN!

 MAKING FILING GREAT AGAIN

Week 26

Harman Wadhwa 
Origin : New Delhi, India
Age : 28
Watchmaking class : 8 month Service & Technician course
Current mood : i have been working on balance and hair springs adjustments from a few weeks, I`m using the timing machine now, it helps us to tell the condition of the movement and its time keeping. it surprises me with the machine and its accuracy. See you next week.

Pierre Aubert
Origin : Toulouse, France
Age : 23
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: I have been turning blue steel with brown steel gravers to prepare my stocks ahead of the pivot gauges making. It has been very enjoyable..!! It allows you to clean corners very precisely and is much more satisfying than regular steel. I also worked on my tools to make more room for school watch work in the future. Have a great weekend everyone and see you next week! 

Markus McDonald 
Origin : Stockholm Sweden 
Age : 20
Watchmaking class: 2 years Fullskill Program
Current mood :This week was much like the previous weeks being composed of preparation, test exams and the tools. Although this week was focused on repetition I made a lot of progress both for my test exams and my tools, preparing two pieces and getting the time down to eight hours, having my final exam next week.
Alex
Origin : Kaohsiung, Taiwan 
Age : 26
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: It's been a great week. I was introduced to the most amazing tool when it comes to precision filling, the engraving block vise. Due to its' circular nature, you get to rotate the vise in all any direction for better visual instead of having to bend the entire body into weird angle as if I am working in a circus while using a regular table mount vise. Using it not only gives you better results, it gives you freedom!!!!! I don't care if I have to carry it all the way back to Taiwan. I am getting one!!!!! Also there is the milling machine...


STEP 1: DEAD CENTERS TURNING (PIERRE)


STEP 2: MILLING MACHINE & ENGRAVING BLOCK VISE (ALEX)

 Squaring out with a dial gauge.

  Squaring up the vice with a microscope.

  Milling.

 Filling on a engraving block vise.

 STEP 1: TIMING (HARMAN)


HENRIK's WORDS:
This week was a lot of work but still very enjoyable, Markus did big leaps in precision filing and is now clearly ready to take his real filing exam next week. Alex continued working on his tools where he reach a new level of filing as well as learning the manual milling machine, Harman started with timing of the movements he is working on and Pierre progressed very well with his tool making and turning blue steel already to a very good level.  I also had a very nice visit all the way from Sydney, Australia! Dean and Andrew came by to interview me on the school and my brother on his watch, I wish I had more time as it was very enjoyable, thank you Dean and Andrew! Here you can find their YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Fnh5V01lstObcmwpm3Akg the interview will be out around mid October. Have a great weekend and see you next week!

Dean and Andrew setting up the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment