Friday, October 18, 2019

Birthday & Raclette


Birthday & Raclette
Week 28

Harman Wadhwa 
Origin : New Delhi, India
Age : 28
Watchmaking class : 8 month Service & Technician course
Current mood : Practicing on the Hairsprings, preparing for the exam coming ahead.See you next week.

Pierre Aubert
Origin : Toulouse, France
Age : 23
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: I divided my time in between a very wide range of activities this week! I started off the by preparing more pivot gauge bodies before finishing my balance wheel & bridge support. I prepared friction fit pins on the lathe for the latter, which also gave me the chance to learn milling on the lathe. Last but not least, I started to workout the infos required for the making of my school watch bridges. More pictures to come soon! In the meantime, have a great weekend everyone! 

Markus McDonald 
Origin : Stockholm Sweden 
Age : 20
Watchmaking class: 2 years Fullskill Program
Current mood : This week served as the in-between from my previous filling and tool oriented  module and the upcoming winding stem module. 
This week I focused primarily on expanding my understanding of various different machinery and their purposes for my tools from the Agathon to the Jigbore. Furthermore I focused on the milling slots for my brass anvil. The brass anvil is one of the most complex tools consisting of four milling slots, 12 drilled holes and a combination of a hand filling and machine milling allowing for dual purpose. This combined with precision filling, made the week both refreshing and intense.

Alex
Origin : Kaohsiung, Taiwan 
Age : 26
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: Nothing much happened in terms of work. The time is spent mostly on learning new machines and figuring out a viable execution plan on my poising plate. Through remaking the drawing, comes a better understanding of the shapes well as the approach. Next week will be the production of the tool. Hope everything can go according to plan, at the very least, don't go too wrong. School life, on the other hand, is great. We had a dinner full of cheese which I totally forgot the name of. We also had cakes on the same day since it's Markus's birthday. The pizza truck is still nowhere to be found during lunch time on Friday which is a bummer. Anyway, that's it for me.

STEP 1: FRICTION FIT PINS MILLED ON THE 70 (PIERRE)


 Interesting setup to record my work..!



 Halfway through the process

Finished Pins


STEP 2: PLANNING OF EXECUTION AND MILLING WITH THE LATHE (ALEX)
Making of a more precise drawing.

Revised drawing.

Learning the mill with the lathe.

HENRIK's WORDS:
This week was fun! With Markus birthday, and also a Raclette evening as our tradition to introduce the students to Swiss food, students are progressing well and the speed of the course has somewhat increased, we also got a new student in the taster course, James from Sydney, Australia, He will be joining us in January for the technician course. All in all a very diverse and also fun week. Have a great weekend to all and see you next week!


Markus birthday

Raclette evening

Say Cheese!

James enjoying his taster course

Markus practicing milling on the Aciera




2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I have followed the blog over the years and you guys are doing great work.
    One question out of curiosity, where is the places that the students go for vintage tools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Watch, thank you for the kind words! the place is called Herrli and its located in Bienne; https://www.local.ch/fr/d/biel-bienne/2502/fournitures-d-horlogerie/horlogerie-herrli-UfY1-zGX5IEdD8LI16704g Kindest regards KHWCC Team

    ReplyDelete