Friday, February 7, 2020

-10!

 WEEK 44


Jayne Zhuo, James Punshon, Pierre Aubert
Origin : Singapore. Sydney, Australia. Toulouse, France.
Age : 23
Watchmaking class: Technician Course
Current mood: Pierre here! The beginning of the week was dedicated to barrels- we had to dismantle them, inspect them, wind and put the mainsprings back. Later stages included oiling and adjusting the endshakes!  We also got introduced to the gear train and jeweling. The number of factors that need to be considered when servicing a watch is insane. I hope to practice all this next week and also do some micromechanics as I need to finish some pivot gauges for my 1st year! Have a great weekend everyone! See you next week :) We will get more snow, hopefully..! It is already melting.. 



Markus McDonald 
Origin : Stockholm Sweden 
Age : 21
Watchmaking class: 2 years Fullskill Program
Current mood : This week I focused on finalizing the winding stem and preparing for the exam. Specifically I made the full winding stem from cutting the material, making cones, hardening and tempering plus finishing. This was incredibly satisfying as I was able to make a full winding stem including all the steps whilst maintaining dimensions and although it was satisfying and intense I was able to prepare through technique for the exam. Secondly for my trial exam I prepared in dept notes on the steps to make the winding stem additionally I modified peg woods and finally three slot graver that I modified for the middle, right and left corners this made a huge difference for Thursday and Friday when I did my trial exam as I was able to be more efficient and get better results.

Alex
Origin : Kaohsiung, Taiwan 
Age : 26
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: No one hides away from their demon forever. The time has come for me to rise up and face mine, the foul beast that is the milling machine!!! Turns out it is pretty fun and not as messy as I remember it to be. Made a cool looking stand for my practice pieces to rest on.

Michael
Origin : Malaysia 
Age : 28
Watchmaking : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood : Henrik introduced the milling machine. Managed to finish my design for the pointed head nose vice. Tried knurling technique by using the lathe and extra milling head together. Tried to create patterns for my screw. Very interesting and really like the idea of knurling. Can't wait to try more knurling action. 

                                              STEP 1: MILLING WITH ACIERA F1 (MICHAEL)

Milling in the lathe pattern trials



                                       STEP 2: FILED SQUARES IN WOODEN STAND (ALEX)


                                  STEP 3: WHEEL TRUING & JEWELING (TECHNICIAN)




HENRIK's WORDS:

Intensive week indeed and one morning this week it was below 10 in Le Locle! Pierre, Jayne, and James got introduced to wheel truing and jeweling, it goes fast! Michael is progressing very well with the micromechanics and tool making he is now experimenting with some cool milling patterns and got introduced to the Aciera milling machine as well as milling in the lathe, Alex finished his square filings and made a cool wooden stand for them milling it in the Aciera. Markus completed his first winding stem practice exam. Even though there were many demonstrations to give I got ahead with some old projects myself which I am very happy with so far. when they look presentable I will share some pics. See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment