Friday, May 31, 2019

Restoration Course II

WEEK 7:

Harman Wadhwa 
Origin : New Delhi, India
Age : 28
Watchmaking class : 8 month Service & Technician course
Current mood : Practicing end-shake and side-shake on barrels. I also covered the notion of division (relative height between meshing wheels) and end-shake of the gear train on 7 different movements. 

Pierre Aubert
Origin : Toulouse, France
Age : 22
Watchmaking class : 2Y Fullskill Program
Current mood: Tough week. First exam: Filing with time constraints is very different from my daily filing operations..! It felt I had to rush towards the end result, which I never do. In fact I just love the process so much (every stroke is enjoyable) that I usually only focus on the quality regardless of the time it takes. I like to think of quality to be my only deadline. As G.Daniels said, everything will be done "All in good time". However, this was also a great and essential experience on two levels: 
1- It allowed me to discover and experience new filing strategies. 
2- Gave me extra confidence in my abilities to deliver good quality filing when under time pressure. 
Last but not least, I started to prepare the required sequence of operations for my setting mechanism => more on that next week. See you next week! And please, feel free to share your feedback and questions :)! We will be very happy to help!

Markus Mc Donald
Origin : Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 20
STEP 1: NEW STUDENT 


STEP 2: IN THE ZONE 💪

STEP 2: HARMAN - GEAR TRAIN DIVISION 


STEP 3: RESTORATION COURSE


Francesco preparing wheel to be milled














HENRIK'S WORDS
This week was even more busy for me than the last one, but also very fun as I had to teach a new student, Francesco, he took the restoration II which have gears and hairspings for restoration in it and he also wanted to learn some finishing techniques, above some random pictures from the course, if i get the time next friday i will add some more pictures and describe what we covered. Have to run now, but see you next week and have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. This weekly report makes me thinking of my current readings “Voyage à durée indéterminée” : no more time pressure !!!...

    ReplyDelete